Welcome to Hendersonville! Surrounded by the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina, Henderson County is both beautiful and breathtaking. Hendersonville is known as the “City of Four Seasons,” an ideal community for young families, retirees and all those in between. If you’ve just moved to town, there are a few things you’ll need to attend to…

An aerial view of downtown Hendersonville's Main Street, with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background.


Gas: Public Service Company of North Carolina – (877) 776-2427
Electricity: Duke Energy – (800) 777-9898
Telephone: AT&T – (800) 288-2020 [Home Landline, Digital, or Wireless], (888) 944-0447 [Business phone]
Water and Sewer: Hendersonville City Water – (828) 697-3073
Cable: AT&T U-Verse/DirecTV/DiSH – (844) 827-7057, Charter Spectrum – (800) 892-4357
Internet: AT&T (866) 861-6075 – Morris Broadband – (828) 692-3278, Charter Spectrum – (800) 892-4357

Voter Registration

To vote in city, county, state and federal elections, you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, mentally sound and not under conviction of a felony. You must register 30 days prior to the election you wish to vote in. You may register to vote in Henderson County immediately after establishing residency.

Registration may be done by mail or in person at the Board of Elections office and several other locations. Call for the nearest registration site. (Or, if you also need to get a NC driver’s license, you may register to vote at the DMV office.)

The Henderson County Election Board is located at 100 N. King Street. Phone: 697-4970

Auto Registration

Auto license tags must be purchased within 30 days of relocating to the state. Just bring your car title, proof of insurance and odometer reading to the following license tag agencies:

Four Seasons Mall at 145 Four Seasons Blvd, Hendersonville, NC 28792 – (828) 692-0648

Helpful Hints: The busiest days at the tag agency offices are typically Mondays, Fridays and the 15th and 30th of the month. Also, cars must be inspected within 10 days of the date of registration.

Driver’s License

New residents must apply for a N.C. driver’s license within 30 days of relocating to the state. Vision and written tests are required. You can also register to vote at the DMV office. Visit the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles at the following location:

Four Seasons Mall at 145 Four Seasons Blvd, Hendersonville, NC 28792 – (828) 692-0648

DMV Building at 125 Baystone Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28791 – (828) 692-6915

Helpful Hints: These offices usually have a wait, so you may want to bring something to read. The receptionist tells us that the best times to arrive are 8 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.


Henderson County Farm Bureau Gibson Agency
Together with our North Carolina Farm Bureau members, we have built the largest domestic property and casualty insurance company in the state. Based in Raleigh, our Mutual Insurance Company is owned and controlled by our policyholders through an elected Board of Directors. With a network of agents located throughout the state, we now provide insurance for farm and non-farm policyholders alike in all 100 counties of North Carolina. Call 828-684-6363 for additional information.

Local Allstate agents

Local Progressive agents


HomeTrust Bank
You are invited to experience banking at its best – friendly service, with products and services to meet your financial needs from a bank that is proud to be your neighbor. Come see why HomeTrust Bank is better than big, right here at home! Asheville: 828-254-8144 ~ Skyland: 684-3156 ~ Weaverville: 645-4277.

Public School Registration

Parents/Guardians need the following documents to register their children in local public schools:

Public Schools

Henderson County Schools – phone: 697-4733

For more information, visit our Education section.

Higher Education

Blue Ridge Community College, phone: 694-1700
Fruitland Baptist Bible Institute, phone: 685-8886
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, phone: 254-1921
Cecils Business College, phone: 252-2486
University of North Carolina at Asheville, phone: 251-6600
Montreat College, phone: 669-8011
Shaw University, phone: 252-7635
Warren Wilson College, phone: 298-3325
Western Carolina University at UNCA Campus, phone: 251-6642

Birth Certificate Immunization Records:

Medical forms from the County Health Department or a personal physician; and previous report card if transferring from another school.


If you’d like to find a place to live, you’re looking for a roommate, or you need some furnishings for your new home, there are several resources that can be helpful:

Grandview Peaks
Grandview Peaks is a private gated community offering dramatic views and natural seclusion in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Homesites range from 1 to 17 acres, starting at just $29,900. Located close to Asheville, and surrounded by great small towns. Properties have access to community lake & beach, large timber-frame pavilion, and hiking trails all in a peaceful natural setting. Call 828-475-4844 for additional information.

Leslie & Associates
For home and apartment rental, call Leslie & Associates at 828-693-8069 or visit their website at www.leslieandassoc.com, which is updated daily.


Check Hendersonville.com’s Employment Guide.


Main Branch, 301 N. Washington Street, 697-4725

(Image credit: Tdcox1966 at the English language Wikipedia [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/)], via Wikimedia Commons.)