Get Involved: Join the 911 Strategic Visioning Work Group

Mon, Apr 8, 2024
This event has already occurred.

Buncombe County’s Consolidated 911 Center is looking to complete the membership of the Strategic Visioning Workgroup with a community member at large. As part of our ongoing commitment to service to the community the Strategic Visioning Workgroup will meet quarterly to provide:

  • Provide feedback on various reports, studies, plans, etc. prepared for the Department of Public Safety Communications; and
  • Discuss and evaluate public safety communications operational performance, protocols and procedures that support an effective 911 center.
  • Provide feedback for any matter of relevance requested by County Management.

The CSC membership includes:

Representatives from all of the agencies that we serve, as well as leadership from the Public Safety Communications department and one community member at large.

If you would like to be considered for the community member at-large position on the SVG, please answer the below questions and follow the instructions for submitting them.

Application questions

Please submit the following questions by email to Stephen Hayden by April 30, 2024. If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Aviles at (828) 767-3499.


Contact Information (phone and/or email):

1) Briefly, explain why you want to be a part of the Communications Steering Committee.

2) How will your life experience and unique perspective help us in regard to performance and compliance data and resolving questions, issues, and disputes relating to 911 call center operations? Please note if you are bilingual.

3) What do you consider the most pressing challenge for public safety communications (911)?

4) Where do you live?

  • Asheville City
  • South Buncombe (such as Arden/Avery’s Creek/Royal Pines)
  • North Buncombe (such as Woodfin/Weaverville/Barnardsville)
  • East Buncombe (such as Swannanoa/Black Mountain/Montreat)
  • West Buncombe (such as Candler/Leicester)

5) Have you lived in Buncombe County for 1 year or more? Yes or No.