All nonessential, public-facing functions are closed. Essential operations — including emergency services, Public Health and Health and Human Services mandated services, sheriff’s office, permitting, solid waste, and Transportation — will continue.
“Since this is a rapidly evolving situation, we will reevaluate these changes as more information becomes available and provide more detailed information at buncombecounty.org,” said Day.
Until further notice, Buncombe is taking the following measures until further notice:
- Some nonessential employees will temporarily telecommute and/or be in emergency on-call status.
- For essential employees unable to work remotely, increasing physical working space between employees and modifying operations are among the options being evaluated.
- Public access to county facilities that house nonessential functions will be restricted or closed.
- All public libraries will be closed.
- All County parks will be closed.
- Permitting Office will be closed, but permitting remains available.
The county also offers the following online resources:
- Apply for Pistol Purchase Permit: https://buncombeso.permitium.com/
- Pay Property Tax: https://www.billpayit.com/buncombeconctax
- Request Birth, Death, Marriage Certificate: https://payonline.buncombecounty.org/RoD/Default.aspx
- Records: https://www.buncombecounty.org/Governing/Depts/register-of-deeds/recording/default.aspx
- Building Permits, Planning, Septic, Well, Water Testing Portal (account registration required, only “simple” permits can be applied for online): https://onlinepermits.buncombecounty.org/CitizenAccess/Default.aspx