Pop-up 5K at Fletcher Park is a socially distanced event that takes place every second and fourth Wednesday of the month. No frills – just running!
The iDaph Team will be at Fletcher Park every 2nd and 4th Wednesday now through September to offer participants a bib and a chip timed 5K event for $10. Run Local tanks and shirts are available for sale when you register.
The event dates are August 12, August 26, September 9, and September 23. Rain or shine. The 5Ks are dog friendly!
You can also participate in the Pop Up 5K Virtual Challenge at any park, anytime. Sign up for the Virtual option and you will also be eligible to win prizes and receive a free shirt and medal. Your results will be easily submitted from your electronic device through the online registration website.
Here’s how it works
If you choose to do the in-person option, we ask that you please register at home or on your phone. We have rolling starts from 6-8pm. Arrive at Fletcher Park anytime between these hours, pick up your race bib, and walk on up to the Start line. The 5K route is marked and we will cheer you on from a safe, 6-foot distance away as you run the beautiful course along the river at Fletcher Park. We will keep cheering as you cross the finish line, and when you’re done you go home! We want to motivate you to run and stay healthy, offer some stress relief and have a whole lot of fun while adhering to the COVID-19 guidelines.
If you decide to come back, please re-use your race bib!
Donate to a good cause
A dollar from every registration will go to the Fletcher Park Development Fund for enhancing and adding sitting and shaded areas within the park.
Sign up for series and win prizes, a free t-shirt and a medal!
In-Person and Virtual series/challenge scoring will be based on the four fastest times from each participant. For that reason, in-person participants must show up to at least four races, and virtual participants must submit at least four times to be eligible for awards. Other awards will be given out to the following finishers:
- The 5 most improved participants from the first event to the last event (male and female)
- The top 10 best series/challenge scores (male and female). These scores will be based on each participant’s four fastest runs.
- More awards categories will be announced as we go along!
Here’s what organizers are doing to keep our in-person events as safe as possible for everyone:
- There will be no mass gathering at the start line. The rolling start will be from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- The start and finish lines will be separate to avoid having too many people together at once.
- All staff/volunteers will be required to wear a face covering during the event.
- Participants are encouraged to wear a face covering until the event starts and then put it back on after they are finished running/walking in the event.
- Hand sanitizer for participants and staff.
- Participants will not be permitted to form in groups. They must maintain 6 foot distancing while in the start/finish area, in the event hub.
- Participants need to bring their own hydration and race fuel.
Let’s have some fun running together safely this summer!
For additional information and to register for an event, please visit raceroster.com/events/2020/32662/pop-up-5k-in-the-park-and-virtual-challenge and idaph.net/pop-up-5k.