The general election voter registration deadline is Friday, October 12. You will be eligible to vote as long as your application is received or postmarked by the deadline.
Here are several quick tips to ensure you’re ready to vote in this year’s upcoming election.
- Check your voter registration to ensure it is accurate and up-to-date through the official “Voter Lookup” tool.
- If you are qualified to vote but not registered in your county, the North Carolina Voter Registration Application is here.
- If necessary, update your registration to reflect necessary changes (address, party affiliation, name, etc.).
- Review the voting options available in North Carolina, including absentee by mail, one-stop early voting, military and overseas voting, curbside voting and traditional Election Day voting.
- Remember voter registration deadlines. The deadline for the November 6 general election is October 12. And of course, you can register and vote at the same time during the 17-day early voting period before each election.
- Visit the North Carolina State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement’s “Voter Registration FAQ” page for more information. If you have questions about your voter registration or this year’s elections, contact your county board of elections.
- Remember to vote in this year’s statewide elections! The general election is November 6.
Please visit the North Carolina State Board of Elections and Ethics Enforcement’s website for additional information.