Our Summer Arts Camp is a one-week encounter with music, visual as well as performing arts. Our campers will be given the flexibility to choose their own art experience. They may want to dabble in the performing arts or take part in the visual arts or perhaps do a bit of both.
- Origami: Susie Walker will teach you all the ins and outs of the folding world of Origami. In this hands-on class, you will not only learn the methods but you will learn all the practical applications of this ancient old world art. Time: 9:00 PM.
- Drawing: Sharpen your skills with artist Ben Sellers. He will show us the how’s and why’s of pen and ink. Giving you the tools you need to be a better artist. Time: 9:00 AM.
- Theater Camp: Lights, Camera, Action!! If acting is your thing or something you would like to explore theater camp will give you an opportunity to act live on stage. We will learn all the mechanics of the live stage. On the first day, we will assign parts and begin practicing for our play that will be performed on Friday. Every child will have a speaking part, learn about blocking, and all the other aspects of stage performance. Teacher: Clara Rogers – Time: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM.
- Selfies, portraits, and collage: For a total emersion into all the elements of the facial features and then sign up for this class. Teacher, Kendal Stoney’s expert know-how will make it easy to create wonderful portrait artwork. Time: 10:45 AM.
- Mural Painting: Ben Sellers, our hometown professional artist, will lead our young artist in a group effort to create a mural. This colorful experience will be a wonderful creative adventure. Time: 10:45 AM
- Music Camp: Our favorite musical teacher and entertainer, Woody Cowan, will be ready and willing to give you a fun-filled singing experience that will have you toe-tapping and hand-clapping all week long. On Friday afternoon you will join all the other performing artists to show what you know.Time: 1:00 PM.
- Wild & Wonderful Abstract Art: Abstract artist Tina Durbin will impart her love and knowledge of abstract art through her favorite abstract artist- Kandinsky, Piet Mondrian, and Jackson Pollack to name a few. Just have fun and let the world of color and line help you create your masterpiece!Time: 1:00 PM.