Farming on a small farm requires labor, not just from the farmer but from others as well. This workshop will showcase how to structure labor on a small farm through the eyes of established regional farmers. This is a great workshop to attend if you have been farming and are looking to take your farm to the next level by bringing on additional labor support. Legal and financial considerations will be highlighted and discussed to better understand which labor structure best fits your farming model.
– Learn about different ways to structure labor on your farm including apprenticeship, paid hourly workers, temporary workers, volunteers.
– Discover best practices for managing people on the ground.
– Learn how to incorporate education on the farm.
– Understand legal considerations you need to know about your labor structure.
– Clarify the financial process for paying workers or apprentices.
– Be aware of equity issues with on-farm labor.
– Hear from experienced farmers running successful farms in WNC.