- It’s critical for planners to know how to effectively organize, budget and market a variety of different events to keep the company in the green, out of trouble, and on the minds of donors, business partners, and customers. Earning a certificate in Event Planning will expose you to the many different facets of being an event planner from managing people and projects to increasing exposure and dollars for your organization. Participants can earn a certificate by attending six of the designated event planning workshops (EP), which are offered each semester. Participants do not enroll in the certificate program, but rather complete the workshops at their own pace. Workshops are offered each semester (spring and fall) on either Thursday or Friday from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. at WCU at Biltmore Park, Asheville, NC.
Instructors will distribute a case study at the end of each EP workshop, and participants submit the case studies to the program coordinator when all 6 workshops are completed to complete the final requirement for the certificate. The workshop instructors include professionals from the Western North Carolina business and hospitality industry and faculty from Western Carolina University.
Complete 6 of the below EP workshops and earn a certificate.
Fee: $119 per workshop or register for 6 workshops for $640 (a 10% discount!) Workshops include lunch and continuing education credits.
- FIVE-STAR CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY Friday, August 16, 2019
- MAKING EVERY PENNY COUNT: EVENT BUDGETING 101 Friday, September 20, 2019
- CURRENT & TESTED SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIES FOR DIGITAL MARKETING Friday, October 18, 2019
- ENGAGE, STRATEGIZE, CULTIVATE – THE ART OF SECURING EVENT SPONSORSHIPS Thursday, October 24, 2019
- MAXIMIZING YOUR RETURN FROM TRADESHOWS, EXPOS AND FAIRS Thursday, November 7, 2019
- CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS, LIABILITY AND RISK FACTORS Friday, November 22, 2019