Asheville Development Services Department
Hello,We hope you and your family are coping with this unprecedented situation. The City and Development Services Department (DSD) recognize the essential importance of construction activity to the well-being of our community. In order to serve you during this time, we need your help! To ensure that permits and inspections are completed efficiently- and most importantly, safely– please read the messages below. Thank you!
- Important inspection safety update: Click here to review our modified operations policy for inspections.
- Online permitting is easy! You can now apply for any type of permit online through the Development Portal, as well as submit revisions and amendments, check permit status, pick up plan review comments and approved permits and schedule inspections. Use the “All other permit types” button on the Development Portal!Finally, a few reminders:
- DSD’s physical location is closed to the public. There are bins to drop off and pick up paper plans and permits if absolutely necessary. Permits submitted using the Development Portal will be prioritized for processing and routed for staff review more quickly.
- Customers may call and email staff as usual. Our main number is 828-259-5846. Please have patience with us, as there may be a higher-than-normal call volume. Additional contact information is available on this page.
- Staff remain available for pre-construction and early assistance meetings by remote video conference. Use the buttons on the Development Portal to sign up.
- Please check the DSD home page often for updates! https://www.ashevillenc.gov/department/development-services