Asheville Development Services Department
Asheville Development Services Department to continue business, but will close doors
Hello, we want to inform you of the latest news from the Development Services Department regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. The City recognizes the essential nature of construction activity and its impact on the lives of our community. We are continuing to do business, but with significant changes.
- First, the Department’s physical location at 161 S. Charlotte Street will be closed to the public indefinitely starting Tuesday, March 17.
- All inspections will take place as scheduled, but with social distancing precautions.
- Customers are encouraged to submit permit applications or other requests electronically using the Development Portal. We will make other online options available very soon.
- Customers may drop off paper plans when necessary at the building. A drop-off box will be made available at the north entrance of the building.
- You may call and email staff as usual. Our main number is 828-259-5846. Additional contact information is available on this page. Please have patience with us, as there may be a higher-than-normal call volume.
- Please check our home page often for updates!