hendersonville business directory . HOME
go to...
OR, click here for site map

newcomers guide

Animal Shelters

Arts & Culture

Community Guide

Economic Development





Green Living





Membership Organizations


Public Safety



Social Services


Support Groups

Volunteer Ops

community guide

hendersonville.com HOME
contact us

Welcome to Hendersonville! If you've just moved to town, there are a few things you'll need to attend to...

Auto Registration
Auto license tags must be purchased within 30 days of relocating to the state. Just bring your car title, proof of insurance and odometer reading to the following license tag agencies:

172 Four Seasons Boulevard, phone: 692-0648

Helpful Hints: The busiest days at the tag agency offices are typically Mondays, Fridays and the 15th and 30th of the month. Also, cars must be inspected within 10 days of the date of registration.

Gas : Public Service Company of North Carolina - 692-0511/Toll Free: 877-776-2427
Electricity : Duke Power - 697-3400
Telephone: BellSouth - 780-2355 (Residence), 780-2800 (Business)
Water: Hendersonville City Water - 697-3052
Cable: Cablevision - 697-1371

Voter Registration
To vote in city, county, state and federal elections, you must be a U.S. citizen, at least 18 years old, mentally sound and not under conviction of a felony. You must register 30 days prior to the election you wish to vote in. You may register to vote in Henderson County immediately after establishing residency.

Registration may be done by mail or in person at the Board of Elections office and several other locations. Call for the nearest registration site. (Or, if you also need to get a NC driver's license, you may register to vote at the DMV office.)

The Henderson County Election Board is located at 100 N. King Street. Phone: 697-4970

Driver's License
New residents must apply for a N.C. driver's license within 30 days of relocating to the state. Vision and written tests are required. You can also register to vote at the DMV office. Visit the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles at the following location:

hendersonville Hwy, phone: 692-6915

Helpful Hints: These offices usually have a wait, so you may want to bring something to read. The receptionist tells us that the best times to arrive are 8 a.m. on Tuesdays, Wednesdays or Thursdays.


Allstate - Brittain Agency
The Brittain Agency is dedicated to providing you with exceptional costumer service. We know that attention to detail is critical when it comes to protecting your home, auto, and financial future. We offer a wide range of insurance and financial products that can be tailored to meet your needs. We are located at 1825 Asheville Hwy (across from Ingles).


You are invited to experience banking at its best – friendly service, with products and services to meet your financial needs from a bank that is proud to be your neighbor. Come see why HomeTrust Bank is better than big, right here at home! Asheville: 828-254-8144 ~ Skyland: 684-3156 ~ Weaverville: 645-4277.

Public School Registration
Parents/Guardians need the following documents to register their children in local public schools:

  • Birth certificate Immunization records;
  • Medical forms from the County Health Department or a personal physician;
  • and previous report card if transferring from another school.

Henderson County Schools - phone: 697-4733

For more information, visit our Education section.

Higher Education
There are many options if you're interested in college classes:

Blue Ridge Community College, phone: 694-1700
Fruitland Baptist Bible Institute, phone: 685-8886
Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College, phone: 254-1921
Cecils Business College, phone: 252-2486
University of North Carolina at Asheville, phone: 251-6600
Montreat College, phone: 669-8011
Shaw University, phone: 252-7635
Warren Wilson College, phone: 298-3325
Western Carolina University at UNCA Campus, phone: 251-6642

If you'd like to find a place to live, you're looking for a roommate, or you need some furnishings for your new home, there are several resources that can be helpful:

For home and apartment rental, call Leslie & Associates at 828-693-8069. OR, check out their web site, which is updated daily.

The IWANNA, a local paper that is distributed every Tuesday is another good resource. You'll find the IWANNAin local groceries, gas stations and the like. It costs just under a buck and is packed with listings for everything from homes and rental units to used cars and livestock.

Check our Employment section.

Main Branch, 301 N. Washington Street, 697-4725

Other Information Sources

Green River Community Association
The Green River Community Association was established in 2007 to promote unity within the community and a provide a voice in support of community interests such as the existing Library and the need for recreational facilities.

The Greater Hendersonville Chamber of Commerce - 330 N. King Street, 692-1413

hendersonville.com: site map . business DIRECTORY . HOME

guides/directories: restaurants . entertainment . shopping . visitors
community . schools . movies . real estate

all contents copyright © 2003, MainStreet Online contact: [email protected] or 828.693.8069
For listing and advertising information...

Community  Entertainment Dining Shopping Outdoors Visitor Center News & Events FREE asheville.com email Home